Monday 13 January 2014

It's been a while!!!

So it's been a while so a belated Happy new year is in order.  I had a fantastic festive season meeting and greeting customers new and old and also enjoyed seeing lots of makers at different fairs.

2013 was my first full year of trading and I felt very grown up doing the Knitting and Stitching shows, the next show is at Olympia from 13th - 16th March and there are some fantastic exhibitors along with Folksy stands which introduce new makers to the larger shows.  I will not be having a stand there this time but I will definitely be visiting.

Just before Christmas I made my TV debut!!! On the new series of 60 Minute Makeover they commission a piece of work for each house in what they call their Artisan spot.  I had a great time filming but and even better time stitching the cushion front, I was pleased with the end result. See it for yourself for the next few days here and also take a look at the website to see the other Artisans featured.

So onwards to 2014, the start of the year sees me at two trade fairs and also doing my first talk about my work to Worthing Embroiderers Guild, I am also hoping to be moving house quite soon so it is very busy. There are lots of makers that have been extremely busy already this year with The Big Forest ready for your Valentine Orders and new designs being knitted a plenty at Mahliqa I especially like the new domed pendants.

Until next time!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment